Thursday, June 27, 2013
Semester 1
I have learned a lot about chemistry this summer. If I had to choose one activity that was my favorite I would have to pick the Air Rocket Lab. It was amazing that the rockets could go so high just using air pressure. I also like how Mr. Blake gives us time to ask questions if we do not understand something. Units 1-4 were really straight forward and I found them to be really easy. Units 5 and 6 are hard for me because sometimes I have trouble making the diagrams and I also feel that Unit 6 was kind of rushed. Overall this semester has been great and I am looking forward to another solid one.
Unit 1 - Introduction to Physics
Pendulum Lab
Graphing relationships and functions, no relationship y=b, liner/direct y=x, inverse y=1/x, squared y= x^2, square root y=√x
Independent and Dependent variables, x = independent, y = dependent (in most cases)
Scientific Notation, 525,000 = 5.25 x 10^5
Accuracy vs. Precision, accuracy = closeness, precision = consistency
Units of Measurements,
Dimensional Analysis (converting) 6.4 hrs = 23,040 secs
Unit 2 - Kinematics: The Study of Motion
Describing graphs, Motion maps,
Velocity, V(m/s) = D/T
Displacement, distance
Instantaneous speed,
Physics Olympics,
Kinematics,
Position vs. Time, slope = velocity (graphing rule #1)
Velocity vs. Time, slope = acceleration (graphing rule #2)
The area under the curve of a VT graph is displacement (graphing rule #3)
Unit 3 - Uniform Acceleration
Instantaneous velocity,
Average Velocity,
Constant acceleration,
Gravity = 9.8 m/s^2 ≈ 10 m/s^2
DAT, d = 1/2 at^2 + vot
VAT, v = vo + at
VAD, v^2 = vo^2 + 2 ad
Unit 4 - Projectiles
Axes are independent
Vegas rule- what happens on the x-axis stays to the x-axis and
what happens on the y-axis stays on the y-axis
T charts and put Unit 3 equations to use
Unit 5 - Forces in Equilibrium
SOH CAH TOA
Trig- Sin, cos, tan
Frictional Force (Ff)
Force = Push or pul
Force Diagrams, Normal force
Newton's Laws
Unit 6 - Forces in Motion
Fnet = mg (mass x gravity)
Friction = coefficient of friction (weird M) x Normal Force
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great summary! I do hope that you know that you are in physics class....
ReplyDeleteHope to help you in your understanding of the units in the 2nd semester as well.
nice summary of the lesson. Good luck on the test today.
ReplyDeleteGreat summary of the entire semester. This is like a super good study guide!
ReplyDelete