Today in class we learned about momentum. We used the air tracks to calculate of mass and velocity can affect the momentum of the cart. We did different trials with different masses, velocities, and direction. The carts would hit each other with a rubber band attachment. We also learned many different equations using momentum. Momentum is letter p and its units are kg m/s. We also learned the Law of conversation of momentum: In a closed system, momentum of a system is always conserved.
Momentum (p) = mass (m) x velocity (v)
∆P = force x time
Force = ∆ P x ∆ Time
P final - P initial = avg Force x ∆ Time
Impulse ( I or J ) = Force x ∆ Time
I = ∆ P
I = mv - mvo
Heres a picture of the lab that we spent most of the day on
nice post. Very informative and i like how you put in the equations.
ReplyDeleteNice post, very good summary.
ReplyDelete