https://plus.google.com/photos/106546481636824512790/albums/5887051477030220641?banner=pwa
This is a photo of our Physics Olympics when Candace and I did the bunny hop event. From doing this activity we learned about velocity and instantaneous speed. We learned that velocity is the average speed that has direction and to find velocity by using the formula Velocity = Distance Traveled (m) / How long it takes to happen (secs), also velocity is the slope of a Position vs. Time graph. We learned that Instantaneous speed is the speed you are going at any given time. An example of instantaneous speed is when a police officer uses his radar gun to clock what speed you are going. From the Physics Olympics I learned that velocity is the average speed and instantaneous speed can be higher or lower than the velocity.

Nice action shot! During this activity, I noticed that you tended to jump slower but traveled a longer distance while Candace jumped in smaller increments, traveling a smaller distance. Just an observation... lol. Way to rep our team!
ReplyDeleteJustin, I like the way that this picture captures how "close" this race was. Good job in your race.
ReplyDeleteI like how you used a picture from one of our exciting activities we did yesterday. You also did i great job at explaining what velocity is and offered examples.
ReplyDeleteNice photo on the physics olympics! Nice job on explaining what velocity was. Also good job on explaining what instantaneous speed is.
ReplyDeleteThat picture looks familiar...did you get the proper permissions to use that picture? Be sure to either cite your source of the picture, or to get explicit permission from the owner. Please take care of that in order to get the appropriate credit for the assignment.
ReplyDeleteAlright thanks Mr. Blake I put the url under the photo.
Delete